With offices in San Francisco and Denver, Gusto processes tens of billions of dollars in payroll for more than 60,000 businesses in the U.S. The company also offers a painless way for small businesses to offer their employees benefits such as health insurance, 401(k) retirement plans, and 529 college savings plans. Gusto Payroll is a powerful, user-friendly platform that simplifies payroll management for business owners.
- Gusto is an online payroll software and HR administration platform for startups and small businesses that takes the toughest parts of payroll processing and benefits administration off your hands.
- Besides offering full-service payroll solutions that include HR, time tracking, benefits tracking, employee self-service, and hiring tools, Gusto also offers accountant partnerships.
- Gusto also offers unique features, such as international contractor payments, state tax registration, and research and development tax credits for various fees.
- You also can map Gusto Departments or QuickBooks Classes (for Desktop) or QuickBooks Departments (for Online).
- In this comprehensive guide, we’ll explore the features of Gusto Payroll and discuss how business owners can benefit from this powerful platform.
- We tested Gusto’s Simple plan features using the Google Chrome browser on a Windows laptop and the Gusto Wallet app on an Android mobile device.
Some existing accounting software, like Quickbooks, already has an add-on function for payroll, employee benefits, and time tracking, so it is likely not necessary for everyone. Gusto’s main advantage over other payroll software is its self-service portals. A firm’s employees and contractors are able to enter much of their own data into the system—and the firm simply reviews it. As a result, much of the duplicate data-entry tasks that bogs down HR departments is reduced significantly. On top of the company’s intuitive platform, businesses can get advice from Gusto’s team of HR experts.
Gusto Review 2023: Features, Pros & Cons
While many HR tasks can be automated with Gusto’s online platform, the HRO service includes access to a team of HR experts to help your business navigate common HR challenges. ADP’s small business solution, RUN, caters to companies with fewer than 50 employees. Plans can be customized to fit your needs and come with features such as automatic tax filing and reports, easy employee payroll and available add-ons for marketing and legal assistance. ADP’s pricing structure is more complex than Gusto, and the additional costs can increase quickly, with extra fees for benefits administration and time tracking.
Gusto also offers unique features, such as international contractor payments, state tax registration, and research and development tax credits for various fees. Gusto is not a health insurance company but can help you manage your employee health insurance benefits. You can offer the same health insurance you offer now with Gusto, or Gusto can act as your broker to find you new options. Gusto helps you stay compliant with local labor laws with its labor law poster store.
Support your hardworking team with Gusto
Just like Xero, Gusto aims to make the task of processing payroll as easy as possible. Gusto is for any business that wants to spend less time processing payroll (suggested for up to 100 employees). Gusto is a full-service payroll option (payroll is automated and filings handled automatically), and has three available bundles with increasing functionality.
The home dashboard provides a convenient to-do list for admins, with reminders for all time-sensitive tasks and requests that require approval. This is also where you’ll find a personalized list of compliance, finance, taxes, hiring and other recommendations based on your company’s industry, location and size. Personal touches, such as the “celebrations” widget, help you remember to acknowledge gusto login employees’ milestones or send a digital birthday card signed by everyone on that employee’s team. We really like how easy it is to see everything going on with your team at a glance. Gusto also gives customers more flexibility than many competitors. Gusto customers can run unlimited payroll cycles throughout the month and set the pay schedule that works best for their team.
Gusto HRO Cost
Many businesses are turning to Gusto for their QuickBooks integrated payroll, whether they use online or desktop. The same can be said for companies using Xero for their accounting. Gusto doesn’t just calculate your taxes; it files them with the correct governmental agencies (federal, state and local) every time you run payroll.
When adding employees to the benefit, though, we had to enter the deduction amounts each time, making it potentially time-consuming. Gusto software incorporates plenty of personalization components as well, helping to acclimate new hires and integrate them into the team. From sending digital offer letters to setting birthday reminders, the platform allows you to connect with employees even from a distance. Gusto files employee W-4s and contractor W-9s as part of their profile setup, and it creates and distributes W-2 and 1099 forms each January for tax returns. You can also elect to have Gusto automatically file a new hire report in an employee’s state when you hire them. Gusto is a full-service payroll and HR platform designed to grow with U.S.-based startups and small businesses.
It Lets You Focus on What Really Matters: Your Clients
Gusto is a great choice for startups and small businesses that want to focus on automated, compliant payroll and build out from there to include solutions for benefits, time tracking and more. When it comes to accountants, bookkeepers, or business advisors who provide payroll services, you want a payroll solution that meets the needs of both your clients and your firm. Gusto’s partner program offers cutting-edge technology that empowers you to grow your practice. In addition, we found its payroll features to be very user-friendly, and Gusto customers seem to agree based on the customer reviews that we examined. Payroll processing can be a complex process, but Gusto really streamlines it and takes the hassle out of running payroll. Gusto offers three plans for companies looking to manage payroll for both full-time employees and contractors.
Once you complete the setup process, Gusto will help confirm you got everything right and that you’re ready to run your payroll for the next cycle. On average, it takes about two weeks to fully switch over to Gusto. Though some employers and plan types can get up and running even quicker. For example, the contractor-only plan requires significantly less data input, and employers can often get set up in a shorter time frame with this plan. We found the overall user experience with Gusto to be straightforward and intuitive from the employee and administrator dashboards.
At FreshBooks, we are so keen on supporting accounting professionals in working smarter, not harder, that we’ve created a FreshBooks Accounting Partner Program. Seamlessly connect all your platforms into one ecosystem and make them communicate with each other, avoiding any duplications. Multichannel reconciliation has never been easier and more accurate. Both historical and recurring data can be synced with Synder from your Excel files to your accounting company. We are ready to tell you how this integration can make your accounting experience better. Fortunately, Ignition helps everyone stay clear on engagement terms, so you can feel confident in your client relationship, and get paid for all your work.
- With its user-friendly interface and powerful features, Gusto Payroll helps business owners save time, reduce errors, and stay compliant with tax regulations.
- Multichannel reconciliation has never been easier and more accurate.
- Gusto files employee W-4s and contractor W-9s as part of their profile setup, and it creates and distributes W-2 and 1099 forms each January for tax returns.
- With the difficulty of finding and retaining high-quality employees, businesses are using this type of payroll freedom as one benefit they offer their personnel.
- Premium tiers are available, with exclusive pricing based on your needs.
- Large organizations will want to take advantage of Gusto’s Premium plan.
- Gusto is for any business that wants to spend less time processing payroll (suggested for up to 100 employees).